At the Community Greening Celebration on Thursday, June 2nd the Parks & People Foundation presented its first Partner of the Year Award to the BES Baltimore Mosquito Study.
The Community Greening Celebration celebrates Baltimore’s gardeners, tree planters, greening cheerleaders, volunteers and anyone who believes in a cleaner, greener city at this annual event!
Food was provided by Neopol Smokery, and local beverages from Raven Brewery. There was live music, award presentations, and more.
· Grant Project of the Year – Hamilton Elementary Middle School #236
· Volunteer Group of the Year – M&T Bank
· Edible Garden of the Year – Filbert Street Garden
· Partner of the Year – Baltimore Mosquito Study
· Community Greening Champion – Inez Robb
All proceeds from the event supported greening grants to local gardens and farms.